Thursday 25 June 2009

Let's To It Pell-Mell

This is an entry in a competition about something falling or been thrown off a roof.
My original idea was two mobsters tussling on the edge of a roof.
The title comes from the ending of the film of "Richard III".
After helping Ben with his presentation and seeing that bit thirty times it kinda of stuck with me as the ultimate “I’m going to fall off the roof” line.


N.B Jancis' Ficly as a woman… AND IT’S EXACTLY THE SAME AS HIS MALE VOICE. SUCH TALENT!!!1


Let's To It Pell-Mell

“Revenge,” I say simply.
My father turns to look at me, beer in hand.
“What did you just say?” he asks taking a sip while admiring the view from my rooftop garden. We can see all the way to the 02 arena from up here.
“I know what happened.” I take a breath and close my eyes. “I know what happened to Mike. What happened to him on that fishing trip. Hell, I know what happened on all those ‘fishing trips’.”
When I open my eyes he’s looking at me with fear and know it’s true. I know what I need do.
“Lucy, I,” he begins.
With a feral yell, I charge him. Momentum carries me on and I have a pleasing pain in my fist as I smack him.
He grabs at me and drags me back with him. I slap at him and he careens over the edge.
My arms windmill in the air as I try to balance.
I have one last delicious moment as I watch my dear old dad break on the pavement below me before I too succumb to the drag of the ground.
I try to remember a proverb I once heard about digging two graves but frankly it doesn’t seem to matter anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment